Tuesday, June 2, 2009

It's official

The last person who knew about my engagement to my soon-to-be husband was my mom. See, I am not close to my mom. So it was hard to me and Isaiah (my fiance) to open up and tell our plans. I has been 1 week since he proposed and I kept it a secret to my mom because I can't find the right time to tell her. Palage siya wala sa mood. Pero knowing my mom, she is unpredicatable - exactly like me. Hehe.

Then yesterday, I had a pep-talk with my ever-reliable officemates/friends and was ecouraged to tell the good news the soonest possible. Good thing Isaiah did not report for work last night and he was free. I immediately told him that its time.

There were some awkward, silent moments when we told mommy. The only thing she said was "Bahala kayo". I think she failed to tell us that we're both grown up and can decide on our own. Isaiah, the mature one (sometimes) told mommy the same thing. WE can take care of ourselves na mommy, so wala ka na magagawa. Haha! Galing sakin yun pala. =D

Hay. Thank God. We were relieved.

I had the most wonderful dream and I considered it an approval from God and from my dad. My dad died more than 10 years ago and i usually dream of him. But these past months, I haven't had any dreams of him. But last night, he visited me through a dream. I think that's his way of telling me that he misses me. =) It was like my dad was waiting for us to tell mom and then siya naman. Hehe. Ang sweet ni daddy. Namiss ko siya. Anyway, I told him that I'll be getting married. Then I woke up, in tears. I immediately called Isaiah and told him na nagpaalam na ko ke daddy. =)

The timing was perfect. Everything was perfect. Alam na nila mommy and daddy na ikakasal na ang unica hija nila.

Yey! Exciting na! Wohoo!

No comments: