Sunday, May 23, 2010

Death

Granny. Dad. Tita Ruth. -- All died here at our house. I've witnessed 2 of them pass away, except for my dad.

When Tita Ruth died last month, one major question was always asked.. "Kamusta ka?" I tell them I'm ok. But here's what I really feel. If you think of it, I coud've gotten used to it. But each dying person brings different pain.

Dad died 10 years ago. It was a sudden death. My brother & I were in school and no one told us of his death 'til we came home. It was painful because I didn't get to say good bye to him. It was painful because he was my dad. Simple as that.

Granny died 7 years ago. I was one of the people who took care of her. I was taking up nursing then & I had the means to take care of her. She was my first, blood-related patient. She got weak so fast. She had cancer and opted not to take any medical interventions, she accepted it and waited for God to welcome her in His arms. Nanay's death was a peaceful death. It hurt but we all knew she had to rest.

Tita Ruth died last month. This was all different because from the onset of her Breast Cancer we knew she was having a hard time. She didn't have her own family, we we're her family. She was like a second mom to us. She was pretending to be strong & never asked helped from us. (I knew this after she died). It was painful because I know in my heart she was fighting for her life. She died w/ tears in her eyes. She was willing to live but her body already gave up. I miss her so much. Now, I'm teary-eyed. I saw how she fought the battle. I saw how she made a decision to fight for her life, I saw her faith in God.

I miss all of them. Tita Ruth is now with her brother & nanay. I wonder what they're talking about. I'm sure our 3 angels are looking down on us, protecting us. I know they are all in a safe place, with no pain & suffering. They are now with our Father in heaven.

I miss all of you!

No comments: